An essential element of Bay Clinic is providing primary medical care. Our primary care providers deliver:
- first-contact care for persons with any undiagnosed sign, symptom, or health concern;
- comprehensive care for the person;
- continuous care for the patient over time; and
- responsibility for coordinating other health services as they relate to the patient's care.
Providers who deliver comprehensive primary medical care are uniquely trained in how to:
- recognize early symptoms of serious disease;
- distinguish between short-term illnesses and problems requiring further medical intervention;
- perform medical history assessments, physicals, and diagnoses;
- provide screening and counseling to prevent disease;
- communication skills; and
- accessing and utilizing social and financial resources for patients.