Personal Information We May Collect on our websites bayclinic.org or bayclinicinc.org
"Personal Information"is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- User name
- Postal address
- Telephone Number (including home and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or to respond to your questions and comments.
- to send you important information regarding the Sites, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Sites, you may not opt-out of receiving these emails.
- to complete and fulfill your purchase and/or your donation, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- to provide you with email updates and announcements concerning our products, promotions and programs and to send you invitations to participate in special programs,
- to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while,
- to send you advertising/promotional material from some of our affiliates, advertising and strategic partners.
- to personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- to allow you to send messages to a friend through the Sites. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend's name and email address.
- to permit you to participate in live social media feeds. If you choose to participate, your public username may be displayed on the Sites along with your post.
- for our business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services and products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring the Sites experience and content based on your past activities on the Sites, and gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues.) The Personal Information you provide through the Sites may be combined with other information you provide to us (via online or offline means), with demographic information and other information that is publicly available, or with other information about you that we may otherwise obtain online or offline.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside the United States; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside the United States; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
"Other Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information
- Server log file information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Location information
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version.
- Through server log files : Your "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Sites usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites.
- Using applications: We may use applications, including mobile applications or widgets, to collect information from you.
- Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects ("Flash LSOs")) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Sites. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer or device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time.) Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Sites or our online content. We expect our service providers and technology suppliers to honor any decision by you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Sites pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Sites users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Sites usage and response rates.
- From you: Information such as your date of birth, gender and zip code, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, may be collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites. For example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the "How We Collect Other Information" section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location.) If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contact Us" section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem.)
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications related to the Sites. However, regardless of your opt-out preferences, Bay Clinic, Inc. may still at times need to send emails for administrative reasons.
To exercise your opt-out rights
- You may click on the opt-out link on the bottom of any marketing email from Bay Clinic, Inc. and follow the instructions provided to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications from the brand or Sites from which you have received such email.
- If you have an account with us, you may log into your account and revise your preferences related to receiving electronic marketing communications from us.
- You may send mail to the following postal address (please specify clearly what electronic marketing communications you are opting-out from):
Bay Clinic, Inc.
Website Customer Care
405 Kilauea Ave., Suite 105
Hilo, HI 96720
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed or updated. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Note that despite our efforts, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. Further, please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes. Finally, we are not responsible for removing information from or updating information in the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information.
USE OF SITES BY MINORS
The Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13,) and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Sites.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information ( e.g., Social Security Number, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
This website provides general information about Bay Clinic, Inc. of Hilo, its programs and services, and summarizes those major policies and procedures as they relate to the general public. Web site content does not always reflect the most recent actions involving our services, policies and/or programs. For the most recent information concerning said content, the public should check with their primary care providers or the notice of privacy and confidentiality information. Or contact one of our Patient Services Representatives in person at one of our locations.
Bay Clinic, Inc., reserves the right to change or delete, supplement or otherwise amend at any time the information, requirements and policies contained on this website (bayclinic.org) and related hereto.
Links to Other Websites
This website may contain links to other websites on servers other than bayclinic.org and bayclinicinc.org (henceforth "external sites.") Bay Clinic, Inc. is not necessarily responsible for content on external websites nor does such linking constitute an official endorsement or approval of linked external sites and their content and availability.
The use of trade, firm, or corporation names on this website is for the information and convenience of the reader. Such use does not constitute an official endorsement or approval by Bay Clinic, Inc. or any product or service to the exclusion of others which may be suitable.
Except as specifically stated in this Website Disclaimer, or elsewhere on this website, or as otherwise required by applicable law, neither Bay Clinic, Inc., nor its employees, content providers, affiliates or other representatives will be liable for damages of any kind (including, without limitation, lost profits, direct, indirect, compensatory, consequential, exemplary, special, incidental, or punitive damages) arising out of your use of, your inability to use, or the performance of this website or the content whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You may send mail to the following postal mail address:
Bay Clinic, Inc.
405 Kilauea Ave., Suite 105
Hilo, HI 96720
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.